Experience Jasper National Park’s Athabasca Glacier
This full-day tour will have you venturing down the Icefields Parkway to the famous Columbia Ice Fields, rated by National Geographic as one of the most scenic drives in the world.
From there, you will gear up to step onto the breathtaking Athabasca Glacier. Walk through snow and ice while your experienced guide navigates crevasses so that you may explore the glacier and ice caves safely.
No experience necessary. All gear and transport provided.
Trips run daily June 1 – August 31
What to expect:
Meet at our store in downtown Jasper at 9am – 610 Patricia Street (upstairs)
- Once there, choose your footwear and gear for the day and pick up your bagged lunch
- You will then be transported by bus to the Athabasca Glacier. Along the way, your ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) certified guides will interpret many of the natural wonders surrounding this highway
- There will be a stop at the spectacular Tangle Falls where you can fill up your water bottles with fresh mountain glacier-fed water
- Once you have arrived at the Athabasca Glacier, your alpine guides will walk you onto the glacier and into the caves. This part of the glacier exploration is approximately 2 hours
- Afterwards, you’ll jump back into the bus and arrive back to the tour office at 4pm