Ice climb with dedicated attention from our guides in a private group! This is a great way to learn new climbing skills with individual attention at one of our amazing climbing spots.
Experience Ice Climbing
At A Glance
Duration: 6 hours.
Offered: Daily from December 1 – March 31
Departure: 10 am
Ages: 12 & up
Fitness Level: Reasonable fitness (ability to climb a ladder, go for a short run or hike)
Group Size: 2 – 6
- Per Person
Experience Ice Climbing in Jasper
Join us for an unforgettable experience of climbing a frozen waterfall. This fun, safe, thrilling experience lets you explore places that are inaccessible to most park visitors.
This six-hour tour begins at our office in Jasper where you meet your guide and get your gear. We then travel to our climbing site: Maligne Canyon, Tangle Falls, or Edge of the World, based on the weather.
Once at the site, your guide coaches you on techniques, safety, and gear. Next? We climb!
- All technical equipment included (boots, crampons, harnesses, axes, helmet)
- Wear winter clothing and lots of layers (what you would wear to the ski hill)
- Transportation is provided from town to the climbing site and back
All trips leave from the Rockaboo office (610 Patricia Street – upstairs). We ask participants to be ready to depart at the start time – we want to climb, not sit around the office!
ACMG Release Waiver form
- All guests participating in any activity with Rockaboo Mountain Adventures will be required to read and sign a digital or paper copy the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) Release Waiver form. Your ACMG Certified Guide will review this waiver with all participants before each trip.
- To review the ACMG Release Waiver form prior to booking your trip, click here
Where will we be going?
To ensure you have an amazing climbing experience, your guide will choose the best place for the day’s conditions.
Maligne Canyon is our go-to ice climbing area. It’s fun, safe, thrilling and allows you to explore parts of the canyon that are inaccessible to most park visitors.
Tangle Falls is most often our second choice. It’s a great place to climb and takes you into the heart of the Columbia Icefield area.
Edge of the World
Edge of the World is another excellent option. It’s a local gem just minutes from Jasper with great views of the valley.